Russian tea cake actually is kind of cake which is always be served with tea. This is very famous cake in Russia moreover in the thought of some people worldwide especially those who really fall in love with any kind of cuisine of dish even desserts made in every corner of globe.
So yeah good people, today we will give you a best recipe how to make this Russian tea cake very easy but of course still delicious and yummy. The taste is sure much sweet, but do not worried, because you can always serve it with a cup of warm or hot tea which is the tea itself cannot be added by any amount of sugar or yeah here is mean zero sugar in the cup of tea itself.
Some people in Russia of course also deem this is such a best recipe ever in order to make a great and very tasteful Russian tea cake, but surely if you good people just craving for a buttery more delicious cookie, then there are still left for some fun and much tasteful variations of this variety to added to your cookie platter. Below for sure you can ponder some beautiful ideas to make the Russian tea cake a bit more different but still yummy and delicious indeed.
First, the thing you can do is by using almond, or maple or perhaps peppermint extract in order to change the vanilla flavor in this cake. Second, you can put a little small of chocolate bar or chocolate pasta inside the ball as you roll it to add a gooey center. Third, you may add some lemon flavoring or lemon juice to the dough and then you can also fill the dough of this cake by Ľ teaspoon of lemon curd. Fourth, perhaps some cinnamon powder extract mixed with the sugar can change your powdered sugar anyway. Fifth, just replace the part of the flour with the unsweetened cocoa powder once you really want to get the anti–mainstream taste of this Russian tea cake!
- ½ cup unsalted butter, you can let it melted in the room temperature.
- 1/4 cup of powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon of salt
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoon of multi–purpose flour
- 1/3 heaping cup toasted almonds, you have to chop it previously.
- 1–2 cups of powdered sugar, of course it will be intended to roll the cake later.
1. In the bowl of your mixer, you can mix altogether the butter also the powdered sugar and the vanilla extract for around 2 minutes. Let it getting creamy.
2. While the butter and sugar is then getting creaming, you can toast the chopped almonds in a frying pan over med–high until it becomes quite slightly well–golden. Then once it becomes well golden, you can remove it from the pan and let it cool for a while.
3. Add the flour into it also the salt. Of course you have to put it into the butter or sugar and yeah just mix it until it gets well–combined.
4. Then mix it in the toasted almonds. Then cover please the dough by any wrapping plastic or here we can use the clean napkin. Let it chill in the freezer for circa 1 hour.
5. Preheat oven to 400 derajat F. Then, you can roll one by one ball in your hand then put them on the prepared baking sheet.
Bake it then for along 10–12 minutes or yeah until it gets firm.
6. Let us then roll it in 1–2 cups of powdered sugar immediately.
7. Set it also on a wax paper to let it cool wholly.
10. Once the cake gets cool, you can roll it again in the powdered sugar.
Serve it for your beloved families!